How to redeem your Calm Premium subscription provided to NYSUT in-service or retiree members as a free benefit by NYSUT Member Benefits
Redeeming via the Calm app:
If you already have a Calm account, please log in to the app using your email address and password.
If you are a new user, download the Calm app for free using one of the links below and create a Calm account using a personal email address.
- Once you are logged in to the Calm app, please select Profile on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select the gear symbol ⚙️ on the top left-hand corner of the screen. This will take you to your Settings menu.
- Once you see Settings at the top of the screen, select Link Employer Subscription.
- You should now see a menu where you can select your redemption method. Please select Redeem via Employer ID.
- Enter nysut-member-benefits as the name of your organization along with your NYSUT ID number.
- Once you select Submit, you should now see a success page verifying that you have redeemed Calm Premium. When you click on the Home button, the Premium content should now be unlocked.
Redeeming via the website:
Visit https://www.calm.com/b2b/nysut-member-benefits/subscribe on a desktop or mobile browser. We have found that using Google Chrome as the web browser seems to work best.
Log in to your existing Calm account or sign up for a free Calm account if you don't already have one.
Enter your NYSUT ID number to validate your eligibility.
Once you've confirmed eligibility, your Calm account will unlock. You can now download the mobile app via iTunes or the Google Play Store and log in with the Calm account information you entered at Step 2 above.
Can I redeem the benefit if I already have a paid subscription on my account?
You can redeem the subscription from NYSUT Member Benefits once your current paid subscription has been canceled. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please view our help center article: How do I turn off auto-renewal or cancel my subscription?
If you’d like to request a refund for your recent subscription purchase, please view our help center article: Receiving a Refund.
I tried redeeming my benefit, but I am receiving an error message.
If you see an error message when attempting to redeem your Calm Premium subscription, please see our article here for next steps.
How can I share my Calm Business benefit with my dependents?
NYSUT in-service members can invite a select number of family members or friends to receive free access to Calm Premium as a dependent. To learn more about sharing this benefit with your dependents, please follow the steps here.
Once you have shared your invitation link with your chosen dependents, they can redeem their access to Calm Premium by following the steps here.
Can I continue using my Calm account if I'm no longer an NYSUT in-service or retiree member?
Yes, you will still have access to your Calm account; however, you’ll no longer have access to the Calm Premium subscription that was redeemed through NYSUT Member Benefits.
Please Note: If a NYSUT in-service or retiree member loses their NYSUT membership, they will lose access to Calm Premium at the end of the month in which they were removed from the NYSUT membership file (i.e., if you were removed on April 15th, you would lose access to Calm Premium on April 30th).
I redeemed my Calm Business benefit through NYSUT Member Benefits, but the premium content is still showing up with a locked symbol. What are my next steps?
The first thing to do is make sure you are signed in to your Calm account using the same email address and password you used to sign up for your Calm subscription.
- To sign in to the Calm website, click 'Log in' in the upper right corner.
- To sign in to the Calm app, tap 'Profile' on the home screen. In the Profile menu, select 'Sign up or Log in'. If your screen reads 'Create your Calm account,' please select 'Log in' at the bottom.
- If you do not see the option to 'Sign up or Log in', please first log out of your Calm app. To log out, tap the 'Profile' button in the bottom right corner of the home screen, then select the Settings gear icon in the upper left corner. Scroll down and you will see an option to log out. After logging out please quit the app, and then re-launch it. From here, log back in by heading to 'Profile' and selecting the option to log in.
- If this does not work for you, please make sure that your Calm app is updated to the latest version.
If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's premium content, please write to our support team here and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.
Please note: Deleting a Calm account should not be used as a way to troubleshoot and should be avoided while attempting to redeem your subscription. If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's premium content, please write to our support team here and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.