Tamara Levitt, Head of Mindfulness at Calm, has written and recorded most of the meditation sessions available in the Calm app. Tamara is a long-time Mindfulness Instructor, with over 20 years of experience in the meditation and mindfulness field. You can learn more about her on the Calm blog.
Our 7-Day Meditation programs, as well as a few of our series of meditations, offer the option of switching the narrator to John Armstrong for a new experience. The ability to switch between narrators is only available on the Calm app and not the website at this time. For detailed information on how to change narrators during one of these sessions, please click here.
We also offer a limited collection of meditations written and recorded by guest instructors. For a list of meditations by our guest instructors, choose 'Discover' from Calm's home screen, select the 'Meditation' button, and then scroll through the categories at the top of the page to Guest Instructors.
LeBron James, three-time basketball champion and MVP, opens up his playbook for mental fitness for the very first time.
- Train your Mind - LeBron describes what it means to be mentally fit, how to manage emotions under pressure, prepare for challenges, and the importance of sleep through five short sessions.
Tara Brach, the author of Radical Acceptance and meditation instructor, teaches self-compassion through meditation and has collaborated with Calm to create 3 mindfulness meditation programs.
- Saying Yes to Life - Awaken to full aliveness by embracing your moments with a kind, wise, and open heart.
- Letting Go into Sleep - Release anxiety and discover a place of inner safety and peace
- Relaxed Open-Hearted Presence - Shift from head to heart, and awaken your capacity for confidence, ease, and undefended loving
Jeff Warren, meditation instructor and journalist, celebrated for his dynamic and accessible style of teaching, has collaborated with Calm to create a beginner-friendly meditation series and daily meditation sessions.
- How to Meditate - A simple 30-day meditation program for everyone
- The Daily Trip - Daily sessions in the same vein as The Daily Calm, with a quirky edge
Oren Jay Sofer
Oren Jay Sofer, an author, meditation teacher, and communication trainer has collaborated with Calm to create three mindfulness meditation programs.
- Rhythm of the Train - A guided visualization to support ease, relaxation, and a good night's sleep.
- Deep Rest - Relaxation techniques to unwind and transition to deep sleep.
- 7 Days of Soothing Pain - Bring more ease and perspective to pain, discomfort, and illness.
Shinzen Young, a meditation teacher and neuroscience research consultant, has collaborated with Calm to create three mindfulness meditation programs.
- Deconstructing Performance Anxiety - Develop concentration, clarity, and equanimity to prepare for your performance.
- Untangling Physical Pain - Examine the mind-body experience of physical pain.
- Mindfulness in Daily Life - Use the See-Hear-Feel noting technique to bring mindfulness into your day.
Mallika Chopra, the author of a mindfulness book for children ages 7-12, has collaborated with Calm to create a collection of mindfulness meditation programs for children and teenagers.
- Mindfulness with Mallika - Exercises for kids and teens to find stillness within.
Dr. Goldstein, the co-founder of The Center for Mindful Living, has collaborated with Calm to create 3 mindfulness meditation programs.
- Anxiety Release - Shift out of autopilot and learn to release the mental and emotional energy of anxiety.
- Restful Sleep - Work through feelings of agitation, restlessness, and worry, and embrace total relaxation of the body as a pathway to peaceful rest.
- Easing Depression - Learn to challenge depressive thoughts and find nourishment in the breath, easing depression and strengthening resiliency.
Former monk Jay Shetty is a #1 New York Times best-selling author, life & purpose coach, host of the #1 Health & Wellness Podcast “On Purpose,” and co-founder of Sama Tea. In his first book, THINK LIKE A MONK: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day, Jay Shetty draws on his experience as a monk in a Hindu ashram and his post-monk life as an influential thinker and guide to offer practical steps anyone can take to live a less anxious, more meaningful life. With the Daily Jay, Shetty brings together meditation, storytelling, wisdom, and actionable insights for the first time.
For a message from Tamara about why we have decided to offer programs from other meditation instructors, please watch this video on our Facebook page.
Article is closed for comments.