Note: This offer can no longer be redeemed as of October 31, 2022.
U.S. American Express cardholders who enroll in a Membership Week promotion through the American Express Member Week website from October 10-14, 2022 are eligible to purchase a Calm Premium subscription and receive a one-time $50 statement credit from American Express when they make a single qualifying subscription purchase of $69.99 or more online at calm.com before 31st of October. This brings the price of Calm Premium to $19.99 for qualifying Card Members.
Note: Only U.S.-issued Consumer and Small Business American Express® Cards are eligible. American Express Prepaid Cards, Corporate Cards and American Express Cards issued outside the United States are not eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
How do I redeem this offer?
- Visit the American Express Member Week Landing Page at www.americanexpress.com/memberweek
- Find the Calm offer on the Member Week landing page or log into your American Express account at https://www.americanexpress.com/benefits/offers. Enroll by clicking “Add to Card”.
- Sign in to your existing Calm account or create a new account if you do not yet have one. Please remember the signup method you've used to create your Calm account.
- Purchase a Calm Premium yearly subscription with your qualifying American Express card at calm.com/subscribe.
- Once you are signed up, your subscription access will unlock. You can now download the Calm mobile app via iTunes or the Google Playstore and log in with the Calm account you used to sign up for the offer.
- After the purchase is complete, American Express will add a one-time statement credit of $50 to the card used to purchase Calm Premium.
Can I redeem the offer if I already have a paid subscription on my account?
This offer is intended for non-premium Calm users. However, if you already have a paid subscription, you can redeem this offer once the auto-renewal of your current paid subscription has been canceled. For step-by-step instructions on canceling the auto-renewal of your current Calm subscription, please view our help center article: How to Cancel My Subscription.
Please note: If you already have a paid subscription, redeeming this offer will NOT extend the length of your current subscription. The offer will begin a new subscription on the date of purchase. We are unable to change the expiration date of your subscription.
I've signed up for my Calm subscription through American Express but the Calm Premium content is still showing up with a lock symbol. What are my next steps?
The first thing to do is make sure you are using the same Calm account login credentials you used to redeem your Calm subscription. Please note whether you used a third-party login method when redeeming this offer.
To sign in to the Calm website, click 'Log in' in the upper right corner.
To sign in to the Calm app:
- tap 'Profile' on the home screen.
- In the Profile menu, select 'Sign up or Log in'. If your screen reads 'Create your Calm account,' please select 'Log in' at the bottom.
- If you do not see the option to 'Sign up or Log in', please first log out of your Calm app. To log out, tap the 'Profile' button in the bottom right corner of the home screen, then select the Settings gear icon in the upper left corner. Scroll down and you will see an option to log out. After logging out please quit the app, and then re-launch it.
- From here, log back in by heading to 'Profile' and selecting the option to log in.
If this does not work for you, please make sure that your Calm app is updated to the latest version.
If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's premium content, please write to our support team here and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.
What happens after the initial year ends?
This AmEx Membership Week subscription will automatically carry over into a full-price paid subscription unless it is canceled prior to the end of the one-year period.
If you do not wish to continue into a full-price paid subscription at the end of the initial year period, please be sure to cancel at least 24 hours before the initial year ends. You can do so through our website here.
If you cancel before the initial year is over, the subscription content will become locked at the end of the year. You will then only be able to access our free content, which you're welcome to listen to as much as you'd like.
How do I cancel the auto-renewal of the American Express Membership Week subscription?
Here are the steps for canceling your Calm subscription through the Calm app:
- Tap 'Profile'
- Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner.
- Select 'Manage Subscription' and follow the instructions for canceling your subscription.