Amazon Prime Students located in the US are eligible to redeem a 3-month free trial of Calm Premium that auto-renews at a discounted rate of $8.99USD per year, as long as you remain an Amazon Prime Student member.
Note: This offer is only available for Amazon Prime Students located in the US. If you would like to learn more about becoming an Amazon Prime Student, please go here.
How to sign up
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/prime/offer/Calm/student-discount and login to your Amazon Prime Student account.
- Click on the 'Calm benefit' to be redirected to the Calm signup page.
- Sign in to your existing Calm account or create a new account if you do not yet have one. Please remember the sign up method you've used to create your Calm account.
- Once you are signed up, your subscription access will unlock. You can now download the Calm mobile app via iTunes or the Google Playstore and log in with the Calm account you used to sign up for the offer.
Can I redeem the subscription if I already have a paid subscription on my account?
You can redeem this offer once the auto-renewal of your current paid subscription has been canceled.
In order to take full advantage of the 3-month free trial, we recommend waiting for your current paid subscription to expire before redeeming this offer for Amazon Prime Students.
For step-by-step instructions on canceling the auto-renewal of your current Calm subscription, please view our help center article: How do I turn off auto-renewal or cancel my subscription?
I've signed up for my Calm subscription through Amazon Prime Student but the Calm Premium content is still showing up with a locked symbol. What are my next steps?
The first thing to do is make sure you are using the same Calm account login credentials you used to redeem your Calm subscription. Please note whether you used a third-party log in method when redeeming this offer.
- To sign in to the Calm website, click 'Log in' in the upper right corner.
- To sign in to the Calm app, tap 'Profile' on the home screen. In the Profile menu, select 'Sign up or Log in'. If your screen reads 'Create your Calm account,' please select 'Log in' at the bottom.
- If you do not see the option to 'Sign up or Log in', please first log out of your Calm app. To log out, tap the 'Profile' button in the bottom right corner of the home screen, then select the Settings gear icon in the upper left corner. Scroll down and you will see an option to log out. After logging out please quit the app, and then re-launch it. From here, log back in by heading to 'Profile' and selecting the option to log in.
- If this does not work for you, please make sure that your Calm app is updated to the latest version.
If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's premium content, please write to our support team here and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.
What happens after my 3-month free trial ends?
This 3-month free trial for Amazon Prime Students will automatically carry over into a paid subscription costing $8.99/year unless it is canceled prior to the end of the trial period. If your Amazon Prime Student membership ends, your access to Calm Premium will lapse at the end of your current billing cycle.
If you do not wish to continue into a paid subscription at the end of the trial period, please be sure to cancel at least 24 hours before the free trial ends. You can do so through our website here.
If you cancel the free trial before it ends, the subscription content will become locked at the end of three months. You will then only be able to access our free content, which you're welcome to listen to as much as you'd like.
I was charged after my 3-month free trial ended. How do I get a refund?
The 3-month free trial for Amazon Prime Students will automatically carry over into a paid subscription costing $8.99/year unless it is canceled 24 hours before the free trial end date.
Please note, Amazon Prime Students are only able to redeem this Calm offer once. After your refund is issued, you will not be able to redeem this offer again for the discounted price in the future.
If you would like to request a refund, you can submit a request here.
What happens if my Amazon Prime Student membership ends?
If your Amazon Prime Student membership ends, your access to Calm Premium will lapse at the end of your current billing cycle. For example, if your Amazon Prime Student membership ends during your 3-month free trial, your Calm Premium access will end at the end of the 3 month period and you will not be eligible for the discounted yearly subscription.
When will this offer be available to Amazon Prime Student members located outside of the US?
For now, this offer of Calm is only available to Amazon Prime Students located in the US. If you are located outside of the US, please continue to check back here for updates or head to https://www.amazon.com/prime/offer/Calm/student-discount for updates from the Amazon team.
How do I cancel the auto-renewal of the Amazon Prime Student free trial or subscription?
Here are the steps for canceling your Calm subscription for Amazon Prime Students through the Calm app:
- Tap 'Profile'
- Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner.
- Select 'Manage Subscription' and follow the instructions for canceling your subscription.