What is Calm for Microsoft Teams?
Calm for Microsoft Teams enables all Calm subscribers to access and engage with Calm content directly within the Microsoft Teams meeting interface. With this integration, users can incorporate Calm into their workday seamlessly by accessing mindfulness sessions for themselves or with others during meetings, sharing Calm content via chat, and setting reminders for mental health breaks.
How do I set up Calm for Microsoft Teams?
Once you sign in to your Microsoft Teams account, please follow the steps below on a desktop computer using Microsoft Chrome or Edge as a web browser. Please note, that this integration is not available on other web browsers.
- Select Apps in the vertical toolbar on the left.
- On the main page, under ‘Built for your org’, find the Calm app and select Open. If you can’t find it under ‘Built for your org,’ search “Calm” in the top left search bar.
When asked if you have an account with Calm…
- Select I already have a Calm account if you have an existing account and follow the subsequent steps to log in to your Calm account.
- Select I’m a new user if you do not already have a free Calm account and follow the subsequent steps to create a free account.
Once you complete Step 3 above, you should now be able to access your Calm account through Microsoft Teams.
I set up Calm for Microsoft Teams but it doesn’t show that I’m subscribed. Now what?
If you have access to Calm Premium through a paid subscription or a free trial, please ensure that you were logged in under the same Calm account you used to purchase or redeem your subscription.
If you have access to Calm Premium as a benefit through your organization, please confirm that you are logged in with the same email address as the Calm account you used to redeem your subscription. If you haven’t redeemed your subscription yet, please view the following Help Center article: How to redeem your subscription provided by your organization.
How do I play Calm content in a Microsoft Teams meeting?
Once you’re in a meeting, follow the steps below while sharing your screen.
- Select Apps, then search “Calm” and select Add to a meeting in the drop-down menu on the Add button.
- Search for your meeting name to add Calm to your meeting.
- You should now see Calm at the top of your screen in the meeting window. When you select Calm this will open a search bar at the top right-hand corner of your screen. If you don’t see the search bar, select Get started and log in to your existing Calm account or create a new free account if you don’t already have one.
- You can get started by selecting one of our favorite Dailies under the search bar, or search for other content by a specific topic or title. You can also use the ‘Category’ and ‘Time’ filters under the search bar to narrow down your search results.
How can I promote mindfulness at my organization with Calm for Microsoft Teams?
Incorporating Calm practices into meetings can help teams feel more relaxed, productive, and connected. That is why we’ve made it even easier for employees to access and engage with Calm content within their existing work routine with Microsoft Teams. In addition to using Calm’s web browser, employees can play Calm content directly within Microsoft Teams. Here’s how:
- Access Calm’s full content library - Search and play any session from Calm’s complete 3,000+ content library, directly within Microsoft Teams.
Engage with others - Weave mindfulness breaks into your workday:
- Share Calm content through chat threads.
- Facilitate open conversations after playing Calm content during team meetings.
- Play Calm content at Town Halls, prior to presenting to a group, during a lunch & learn or Employee Resource Group to build community.
- Schedule mindful reminders - Protect your personal time by carving out time during the day to take a break and support your mindfulness with Calm.
Is Calm for Microsoft Teams available only in English?
Calm for Microsoft Teams is only available in English at this time. However, you can access Calm’s content through this integration in English, German, French, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, and Japanese. If you have questions about your Calm account's language settings, please see this article: How to Change the Language of your Calm App.
Does the Calm integration with Teams include accessibility features?
Yes, to learn more about Microsoft Team’s tools and resources for accessibility, click here.
I have more questions about Calm for Microsoft Teams. Who can I speak with?
If you cannot find the answer to your question in this article, please reach out to Calm’s Business support team at email@example.com for assistance.