Calm and TELUS are partnering to bring you Calm straight to your Optik TV service as a theme pack. After signing up for Calm through Optik TV, you will get immediate access to hundreds of Calm On Demand titles on channel 351, as well as access to Calm Premium through our website or app.
How do I sign up for Calm as an Optik TV customer?
Optik TV customers who sign up for Calm through TELUS will also receive access to Calm Premium, including all of the content available on the Calm app and website, if they do not already have an active subscription to Calm.
Optik TV customers can add Calm through their Optik TV digital box on channel 351, or by signing in to your My TELUS account, then navigate to the Optik TV tab and select ‘Add or remove theme pack’. Click the Entertainment category, then scroll down to find Calm.
If you'd like further information or assistance with this, please contact TELUS for support.
Once signed up, you will get immediate access to hundreds of Calm On Demand titles through channel 351 on your Optik TV digital box. You will also receive an email from TELUS with instructions on how to set up your account to get your Calm Premium subscription and access the mobile app. Here are the steps to follow once you've received this email:
- Open this email and select the green button ‘Set Up Now’.
- Log into your My TELUS account.
- Navigate to the Optik TV tab and then select Set up your Calm Premium.
- Here you can click on the green button ‘Set up your subscription’ and you will be redirected to Calm's website.
- When asked if you have a Calm account, please select No and create a new account.
Congrats! Your Calm Premium access will automatically activate for the Calm account you used during Step 5.
Download the Calm app and log in using the same email address and password you've just used to create/log in to your Calm account.
I purchased Calm on my TELUS account or Optik TV, but my Calm app is still locked. What should I do next?
If you've already followed the steps above and the content of your Calm app is still locked, the first thing to do is make sure you are signed in to your Calm account using the same email address and password you used to sign up for your Calm subscription.
- To sign in to the Calm app, tap 'Profile' on the home screen. In the Profile menu, select 'Sign up or Log in'. If your screen reads 'Create your Calm account,' please select 'Log in' at the bottom. Now you can enter your Calm account email and password.
- If you do not see the option to 'Sign up or Log in', please first log out of your Calm app. To log out, tap the 'Profile' button in the bottom right corner of the home screen, then select the Settings gear icon in the upper left. Scroll down and you will see an option to log out. After logging out please quit the app, and then re-launch it. From here, log back in by heading to 'Profile' and selecting the option to log in.
- If this does not work for you, please make sure that your Calm app is updated to the latest version.
- To sign in to the Calm website, click ‘Log in’ in the upper right corner.
If you have any further trouble accessing Calm's Premium content, please write to our support team here and provide a screenshot of the locked content, along with the email address on your Calm account.
For more information on how to download the Calm app and on what type of devices Calm can be accessed click here.
I already have a Calm Premium subscription. How can I access this on my Optik TV?
You can gain access to Optik TV's Calm On Demand service at any time by visiting channel 351 and following the guidance there to get started.
If you have an existing Calm Premium subscription, you'll want to cancel the auto-renewal of this subscription and let that subscription expire in order to take advantage of the Calm Premium subscription included in your Optik TV Calm On Demand service. You can read this article on how to cancel your Calm subscription here.
Once your existing subscription has expired, follow the instructions found in the email you received or in your My TELUS account to reactivate your Calm Premium subscription through your Optik TV service.
How do I remove the Calm subscription from my Optik TV package?
You can remove your Calm subscription by signing into your My TELUS account, then select the Optik TV tab at the top of the page, and select Add or remove theme pack. You will immediately lose access to the On Demand service, but will continue to have access to Calm's Premium content until the subscription's expiration date. Once the subscription has ended, you are able to access the free Calm content in the app. If you have any trouble with this, please reach out directly to the TELUS team here for assistance.